NPTN FOOTBALL - NORTHAMPTONSHIRES FOOTBALL COMMUNITY.

 


Another world cup year and another England disappointment. Something that seems certain every four years, this year however prior to the world cup and following a one hundred percent record in qualifying there was a renewed optimism among the three lions with renowned winner and German national, Thomas Tuchel in charge. It seems harsh to say that another semi-final and third place finish is a failure, but we have been so close so many times that an honour somehow feels imminent. It once again now feels so far away and never likely to be. Jude Bellingham and Harry Kane once again inspired but the remainder of the team seem a million miles away from the likes of any of the Spain and Argentina superstars.  Will it ever happen for the Three Lions? We certainly hope so and we will get behind the lads once again in two years the clinging hope they can break this cycle.

Away from the soul sucking life of international football and the repeated disappointment of losing in big games we turn to the new season, a big season for myself and all those involved in non-league football in and around Northamptonshire.

Here at NPTN we will creating a slight rebrand and a fresh start by creating an open and friendly community to discuss all aspects of football in Northamptonshire. We will once again begin to record podcast episodes, but he will be looking to do more than this. The new community will be here for all players, coaches, club staff and fans to get involved, discuss, debate, celebrate and discover all the best things about the beautiful game in its purest form in the town we all love. For me, I will be enjoying the season once more as a fan. Now back local in Northampton I will be attending games once more and speaking too those involved at every level of the game here in Northamptonshire.

For those who don't know it’s been a tough two- and a-bit years for me, I started this platform simply for my love of non-league and local football. During the first year I got to meet some interesting and inciteful people, create some strong and lasting friendships and enjoy plenty of good football. I created some great memories for myself that included some great days out with certain teams. The podcast had opened some doors for me into the game, and I made some good connections that helped me get into the grassroots coaching side of the game. Something I still partake in and absolutely love today.

While things were going well for NPTN and the community I was creating was growing this abruptly came to a halt when I had to move away for work. I spent a year in Cardiff away from my family and this took a huge toll on my family life as well as the football side of my life, the midweek coaching stopped, the interviews and episode recording stopped and my relationship with my wife suffered. I was traveling back on Friday evenings and taking games for my grassroots side on the Saturday morning, meaning I had truly little time with my Wife and youngest son. Although I love coaching and taking the games, it was vital that time was spent with my family rather than going to watch non-league football.

Working away has now ended, I am back working locally and spend lots of great time with my wife and my children. We have just returned from a lovely family holiday in Greece, and our relationships are being restored, stress levels have dropped and we have more time for each other. With that being the case, I am now looking to kickstart the NPTN community once more and showcase the best that Northamptonshire has to offer. 

I thank you all for your time, patience and support in regard to the NPTN community and hope you all get involved somewhere along the line. Timing has worked out okay and we are ready for the 26/27 season. That being said, the long-awaited return of the non-league football season starts tonight (Friday 24/7) with a mouthwatering local derby between Moulton and ON Chenecks at Bunting Road. This should be a classic and hopefully sets us up for a fascinating season.

 

I look forward to renewing some strong working relationships within the Northamptonshire football scene and hope to meet many more of you.

 

Thanks, Jordan at NPTN Football.


Comments

Popular Posts